Principal Linux Systems Administrator
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
• Communicate effectively within the organization, occasionally with other organizations or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Assist with the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks; ensure necessary system administrator assignments are completed.
• Assist with implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Assist with backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Assist with testing new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Assist with development and documentation of technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Research recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
• Support meetings/discussions with vendors; assist with evaluation of vendor products/services, making valuable suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Assist with preparing security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under direct supervision of tasks and duties.
Back to top