Principal LINUX Computer System Administrator
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems - Special Test Equipment Engineering (STEE) department is seeking a Principal Computer System Administrator with advanced LINUX skills to support engineering systems in the program and factory areas at the Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will support multiple engineering areas that have incorporated COTS hardware and operating systems and applications into their test systems and operational products. The applicant will be expected to support variety of diverse, dynamic environments. The candidate will develop set up and develop configuration for LINUX systems, optimize, and maintain/troubleshoot server/workstation. In particular, candidate will be tasked to work with software engineers developing applications and databases.
This job also has growth opportunity in both functional and program for individuals who want to develop responsible engineer experience and technical expertise in COTS computer systems or networking. STEE is expected to integrate with engineering project teams and may support multiple program/production areas. They are expected to use their skills and experience to develop solutions and be self-directed in their assignments. Good communication skills are a must.
This position requires knowledge and adherence to Information Assurance processes and procedures per NG InfoSec and program security organizations.
Individual should meet DOD IAT requirements for security certs or be in the process of obtaining one.
On call, 24/7 pager support during critical phases of testing, contingency operations and off-site as required. Job also requires candidate to be able to perform racking and cabling systems, preferably in an engineering or production environment.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- STEM Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant Computer System Administrator experience; a STEM Master's degree with 3 years of relevant Computer Systems Administrator experience; or 0 years experience with a STEM PhD degree.
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- 6+ years of experience with LINUX System Administration. Experience with Centos OS and Ubuntu/Debian
- Understanding of storage networks and database administration
- Familiarity with Dell Server and Netapps Hardware
- Project experience in supporting integration and test engineering or data center
- Information Assurance credential such as Security + or CISSP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top