Principal LabVIEW Test Engineer - Active TS/SCI Clearance
- East Hartford, CT
Principal LabVIEW Test Engineer Cleared - East Hartford CT
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOA Xinetics), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems, Payload and Ground Systems Division Business Venture, is currently seeking a Principal LabVIEW Test Engineer to support our Special Programs activities in East Hartford CT.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and development services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
Reporting to the SEIT Engineering Manager, the Principal LabVIEW Test Engineer will be an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of engineers focused on the design of test systems and software for electro-optical and photonics based hardware and software solutions. Our ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical expertise and collaborative people skills with the proven ability experience to work within a technically dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced and strategically important business unit.
- Design of test systems and software for electro-optical and photonics based hardware and software solutions
- Utilize NI LabVIEW and other tools to develop software and systems for product development, hardware characterization, and system qualification projects to support research, development, engineering, and manufacturing efforts
- Hardware and software system development to include control interfaces or drivers for measurement equipment, optical equipment, mechanical assemblies, custom electronics boards, test result SQL databases, and integrated sub-systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Software, Optical or Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing test hardware and software for distributed systems
- Advanced proficiency using NI LabVIEW and LabVIEW Real-time programming language
- Working knowledge of National Instruments (NI) hardware products, equipment and drivers
- SQL or other database interfaces for test data archive and analysis
- Intermediate - Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Project)
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication, presentation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Travel 10% of the time as required
- US Citizenship is a requirement for employment
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required to start
- Advanced proficiency using Python programming language
- EXFO test instruments and service assurance products knowledge
- Proficient in NI TestStand Test Management Software Suite
Back to top