Principal Joint Exercise Support Team Lead Military Trainer
- Norfolk, VA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to join Northrop Grumman? If so, we are wanting you to join our team as a Principal Joint Exercise Support Team (JEST) Planner. This position is located at the US Joint Staff J7 complex in Suffolk, VA.
The NORTHCOM Joint Exercise Support Team Lead provides planning, management, liaison and coordination for assigned joint exercises/events, the joint training system, and special projects. Serves as the primary point of contact to the JS J7 Joint Exercise Division Desk Officer and/or Event Planner for all contractor support for a given event.
- Builds exercise planning schedules; forecasts labor and travel
- Helps develop an event budget
- Monitors all Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) progress for assigned events
- Develops and maintains the team event calendar
- Coordinates team member assignment and deployment; and supports/assists each functional area of the JEST as required. T
The JEST Lead must become intimately familiar with the NORTHCOM organization, JELC processes, and contract deliverables in order to provide successful event execution. This position includes travel to locations within the NORTHCOM Area of Responsibility.
- Must possess a BA/BS a minimum of 8 years of experience; OR Masters and a minimum 6 years of experience. May also consider additional 4 of experience in lieu of experience (for cumulative of 12 years of experience)
Must possess thorough understanding of the joint training system and the execution processes of a JS J7 supported exercise.
- Must have participated in the development and execution of JEST training support for a complete event.
- Must be willing and able to travel both CONUS and OCONUS in support of the program.
- Must possess Combatant Command, Joint Task Force, Division, afloat staff, or Wing staff experience.
- Must have the ability to: prepare and conduct seminars/work groups; conduct training in large and small groups; conduct post exercise analysis
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Must possess an active Top Secret Clearance and be SCI eligible.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport
- Combatant Command or JS J7 Staff experience
- Familiarity with the NORTHCOM AOR
- Certification in a simulation model
- Knowledge of scenarios /MSELs for joint training events
- Possess an active TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top