Principal IT Asset Management Analyst
- Rosamond, CA
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Manages the administration of IT inventory, asset management, and technical service contracts. Maintains and manages software license information and updates. Creates and manages enterprise wide asset management systems and serves as liaison to the Finance and Legal departments as it relates to the functions of the position. Ensures corporate and legal guidelines are followed for managing IT hardware and software assets. Responsible for the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of asset management systems for all IT technical assets. Provides support to the Finance department by providing asset information and managing the physical inventory control. Defines requirements for asset acquisition and procedures to include management and disposal strategies for the enterprise. Responsible for asset budget preparation, coordinates with IT Procurement on receipt of purchase orders, invoice processing and reconciles changes in inventory.
Experience required includes extensive asset and financial management.
In addition, candidates can expect to perform the following:
- Maintain inventory of technological equipment
- Updates and administers asset databases tracking life cycle of all assets
- Maintains service level agreements, software license information and updates
- Receives new hardware and software requests and monitors procurement and deployment activities
- Verifies financial data (e.g. leased, deprecated, or expensed)
- Perform annual inventory and spot checks on the equipment and software
- Perform software license management
- Maintain and manage patches and upgrades
- Maintain and manage IT equipment disposal strategies
- Coordinate equipment disposals with other departments, as required
- Assures guidelines for software licensing and hardware maintenance agreements are followed
- Work with outside vendors
- Supply monthly updates and reports to Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Supports Agile processes
- Supports change control board
- Minimum 6 Years' experience with Bachelor's degree in a related field; 4 Years' experience with Master's degree; in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or GED and 10 years verifiable asset management experience is required
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to maintain
- Must be able to obtain Special Program Access within 365 days of hire and maintain
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience with asset management systems
- Ability to define requirements to support IT asset acquisitions
- Experience with Earned Value reporting to Cost Account Manager (CAM)
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- 9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
- This is a rare and unique opportunity to start supporting a program and be sponsored for a Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top