Principal Information Assurance Cybersecurity Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Information Assurance (IA) Cybersecurity Engineer applies system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the security posture. The successful candidate will be able to evaluate different network and enclave configurations with respect to the D0DI 8510.01 and NIST 800-53 Security Controls and formulate effective Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes & accreditation packages. Write RMF-based policies and procedures and work with the Lead Engineer to develop sound IA/ Cybersecurity processes to include implementation. Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, prepare coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation.
- Develop sound Cybersecurity processes to include implementation of RMF-based policies and procedures.
- Conduct assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
- Interpret and understand vulnerability assessments; ensure mitigation of risks and support obtaining certification and accreditation of systems.
- Conduct technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform research in the areas of cyber and network security
- Understand security vulnerabilities in various SW and HW platforms and be able to make recommended mitigations
- Providing recommendations on network architectures and solutions based on technical performance assessments.
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
5 years of Computer Systems experience with a STEM Bachelor's degree; or 3 years of Computer Systems experience with a STEM Master's degree; or a STEM PhD. degree
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
• - Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
• - OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
• - OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
Knowledge of DISA STIG Implementation, SCAP SCC, and Nessus tool set
Network engineering and architecture knowledge (TCP/IP, IPSEC, HTTP/S, routing protocols)
Knowledge of Linux/Windows SHB and custom OSes
Experience with security controls for router and switches
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top