Principal HR Business Partner
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems has an opportunity to join the Human Resources team supporting our Space Systems Division as a Principal Human Resources Business Partner position located in Dulles, VA. This position will provide primary support to the Operations and Supply Chain Business Units.
We are seeking a proactive HR professional who is capable of building sound business relationships, implementing HR strategy in support of the overall business strategy, and contributing to the financial and operating objectives of the division. This role will offer a wide variety of HR Generalist and HR Business Partner challenges in an environment that offers mentoring and encourages HR growth and development.
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day HR support to customer groups, including succession planning, talent identification and development, performance management, employee relations and employee responses, engagement, compensation, and talent acquisition interface.
- Formulate and leverage partnerships across the HR function and Centers of Excellence to deliver value added services to leaders and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Leads implementation of Business Unit, Division, Sector and Corporate HR initiatives.
- Lead bench talent reviews for Operations and Supply Chain Business Units; consult with leadership to define meaningful development experiences.
- Support employee survey and engagement activities in Operations and Supply Chain business units. Coach Managers through the employee survey process. Review results/findings with managers and partner with them to identify actions that address employee survey priorities and drive change. Advocate inclusion and engagement in driving performance. Partner with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition organization on forecasting needs and ensuring a strong talent pipeline. Provide candidate assessment through participation in select key position(s) interview(s). Partner with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to improve timeliness of talent acquisition process, when escalation required by recruiter.
- Consult with management on delivering continuous performance and development feedback, which includes throughout the year, mid-year and year-end evaluations. Consult leadership on development and execution of an integrated approach and strategy on performance improvement (performance coaching, employee discussions, disciplinary actions).
- Consult with management to develop department and functional goals aligned with business unit and division strategy. Coach management on employee SMART goal development.
- Coach management on effectively responding to employee relations concerns. Lead effective, comprehensive and objective employee investigations, which includes knowledge and interpretation of respective federal and state law(s).
- Provide advice and counsel to management on all aspects of workforce planning and management.
- Review out of cycle promotions and salary adjustments. Conduct compensation comparisons and consult management with regards to recommendations for promotions, adjustments, leveling, offers and incentives.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation. Familiar with Federal and State laws; ability to develop and monitor good faith efforts to provide ensure a diverse workforce.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in HR, Psychology, Labor Relations, Business or related field with 6 years of strong progressive HR Generalist experience including experience implementing HR programs and processes in a manufacturing and / or engineering environment.
- Requires a strong enthusiasm to deliver results, adaptability for change, demonstrate customer focus, and takes initiative to continuously learn.
- Requires project management, prioritization, continuous improvement and process improvement thought process.
- Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
PHR (SHRM-CP) or SPHR (SHRM-SCP) certification is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top