Principal HR Business Partner
The Human Resources (HR) team at Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a candidate to join a growing community of committed HR professionals at the Palmdale, CAsite. Our HR community is composed of incredible people with different abilities, diverse thinking and varied backgrounds who find professional fulfillment in understanding and advocating for employees, supporting the coaching and development of the management team, and solving organizational challenges through our partnership with business leadership. The selected candidate will be welcomed into a team aligned to support the Research, Technology, and Engineering (RT&E) homeroom and provide HR Business Partner support to technical, engineering, and science leaders and employees within the RT&E organization.
The incumbent will be the focal point to consult on and assist in the implementation of HR strategy, programs and policies across multiple client groups; including talent identification, performance management, employee relations, compensation, reward and recognition, succession planning, organization and staff development, leadership/bench strength development, staffing, EEO and other areas within the HR body of knowledge. The implementation of these programs will be through proficient leadership and project management skills and close collaboration with HR subject matter experts. In addition, the selected candidate will be responsible for project management of HR projects, and must demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, implement, and close multiple projects simultaneously on various topics within HR work streams.
The ideal candidate will be able todemonstrate leadership and relationship building skills, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.Skillful verbal and written communication talents are required and the ideal candidate will have prior success building or enhancing a collaborative, supportive and understanding work environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate how they have supported their prior teams through organization, self-motivation and task ownership skills, with the ability to accomplish complex duties in a high-impact, time sensitive environment.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Establish intimate understanding of the business, build and expand relationships with client leadership teams, and create close partnerships across HR, centers of excellence (COE's), finance, and P&L organizations
- Support and partner with HR colleagues in operations, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity and inclusion and organizational effectiveness to support talent strategies
- Identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with division and matrix leadership, COE and functional HR business leadership
- Advise leadership on new ideas and winning practices in the areas of talent acquisition, assessment, development, compensation, organizational effectiveness, strategy, on-boarding, change management and communications
- Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to enable business growth and sound decision making
- Provide business insight through data analysis, research and benchmarking
- Play a key change leadership role in the company's transformation by reinforcing a culture of growth, innovation and calculated risk taking through the application of human capital strategy, tools and processes
- Leadership Development-focused on comprehensive succession planning and strategic leadership movement. Partner with business leaders to build leadership depth to support the succession planning process.
- Support and enable leaders to make informed decisions about talent and to hold their organizations accountable for business results
This position requires extensive senior leadership contact and the ideal candidate with possess a track record of leadership and decision making skills with the ability to realize results in an environment of ambiguity. The incumbent must have cross-cultural awareness and communication skills to be able to effectively interact with a geographically disbursed senior leadership team. Candidate may be required to travel up to 10% of time for domestic and international business, sometimes with short notice.
- Bachelor's degree required plus a minimum of6 years of experience in HR ; or4 years of experience in HRwith a Master's degree
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel andPowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Advanced degree preferred in Business, Human Resource management, Organization Development, Industrial Organizational Psychology, or related field
- Working knowledge of HRIS platforms and technology, with preferred applications experience in PeopleSoft/CHR, SAP, Taleo/Talent+ and Saba Learning Exchange (LX)
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and adjust direction when needed
- Leadership consulting experience, coaching skills and knowledge of human and adult learning principles a plus
- Experience in proactive HR assessment, diagnosis and providing solutions for business challenges
- Ability to navigate cultural and business nuances/sensitivities to promote top performance, employee engagement and inclusion
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top