Principal Health and Safety Analyst
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman's Technology Services sector is seeking aPrincipal Health and Safety Analyst to join its Sierra Vista, AZ team.
In this position, you will:
- Develop, implement and maintain the site EH&S Program and associated governing documents.
- Provide professional capability to maintain and support program EH&S procedures and services.
- Provide EH&S services which are necessary for the effective implementation of the EH&S Program.
- Coordinate with federal, state and local regulatory agencies, customer representatives and insurance agencies relating to EH&S.
- Provide support and technical assistance to the functional and project organizations in matters of EH&S to ensure the safety of employees, facilities, equipment, and the environment.
- Manage required accident-reporting systems for accidents involving personal injury or property damage.
- Make EH&S policy recommendations to Site Management.
- Audit, track and trend the effectiveness of and compliance with the EH&S Programs.
- Provide assistance recognizing, evaluating, controlling and surveying potentially hazardous conditions and operations by monitoring for effective controls.
- Develop criteria and requirements which minimize accident potential in all operations to prevent program delays and work interruptions.
- Provide support and technical assistance to project organizations in the preparation of contractual EH&S plans in compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Work with Purchasing Department to track purchase orders.
- Stock and issue out safety equipment.
- Train and track safety certs (respirator, CPR/first aid).
- Authorize and keep files on physical exams (ie CDL, annual employment physicals, respirator program, and laser eye exams).
- Coordinate local employee health and wellness topics.
- Monitor the approved chemicals list.
- Investigate personnel accidents/injuries to see if there is a way to mitigate the risk of recurrence.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Bachelors degree in Science, OR minimum 3 years with a Masters. May consider an additional 4 years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of environmental, health, safety (EHS) and fire protection regulations promulgated by federal (OSHA, EPA, FAA, DCMA), state and local government agencies.
- Ability to lead facilities modification planning to ensure compliance with new EHS requirements as well as maintaining existing requirements
- Ability to write and update EHS manuals and procedures.
- Ability to develop and deliver EHS training.
- US Citizenship required
- Certified safety professional (ASP/CSP) or OSHA 10-hour General Industry certification
Back to top