Principal Frontend Java Developer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Mid Front-End Developer to join the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) in Lorton, Springfield or Falls Church, Virginia.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! The Front-end Developer will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate
(PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
This position requires a highly motivated, self-reliant team player.
- Develop applications - in a Unix/Linux and Windows VM environment to ensure performance and data availability
- Apply required updates and patches, monitor and tune system to achieve optimum performance levels, and provide reports to support metrics collection
- Support the Agile process using SCRUM methodology and Jira
- Task manage and communicate effectively with project staff
- Perform as a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
- Coordinate the activities of multiple teams supporting project reviews
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal communication coupled with strong listening skills
- Utilize problem solving and analytical skills
- Provide occasional off hours support
Some local travel to customer sites may be required.
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of direct relevant experience OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of direct relevant experience OR PhD - Proven experience developing with technologies such as React Angular JS, Angular 2, node.JS, responsive and mobile design, and cross browser development
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE and Agile toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and REST web services for an operational/production environment
- Basic understanding of Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
- Basic Understanding of Accessibility (508)
- A U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance
- Experience with MQ, MDB, JMS and other messaging technologies
- Experience with MySQL and Cassandra a plus
- Experience working with Spring Boot
- Experience with mobile responsive design and mobile frameworks such as Cordova
- Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo
- Prior experience with CBP
- Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Product Owner desired with Scrum and or Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe) experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top