Principal Financial Analyst or Sr Principal Financial Analyst
- Chandler, AZ
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites
and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Launch Vehicles is looking for a Principal Financial Analyst or a Sr Principal Financial Analyst to join the Pricing and Estimating Team in Chandler, AZ.
This Financial Analyst is involved for various financial functions such as cost estimating, proposal reviews, BOE evaluations and financial analysis in a professional team environment. This position reviews complex financial data received from staff for inclusion in proposal development; review with estimating team members, proposal team members, and senior management; and submission to external customers.
Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
• Lead Cost Volume development for large business development and similar proposals
• Read and understand RFI/RFP to develop basis for leading cost volume development under leadership of proposal manager
• Lead proposal team members from various disciplines throughout proposal process to ensure cost volume content and format match other proposal volumes and meets RFI/RFP requirements
• Perform cost estimating, financial analysis, and proposal analysis
• Supporting the development of cost estimates and BOEs for the proposal and advising functional engineering estimators about cost issues and information to support their estimating and BOE efforts
• Evaluating all cost estimates, BOEs and pricing to ensure adequacy, completeness (to RAM matrix) and compliance to regulations (Disclosure Statement, CAS, FAR, TINA)
• Synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analysis
• Maintain documentation supporting financial estimates used in the proposal process
• Ensure management understanding of estimating and bidding issues
• Ensure compliance with internal procedures and DFAR/FAR government regulations
• Balance multiple projects and prioritize effectively
• Meet deadlines
Back to top