Principal Financial Analyst - International Reporting
- Falls Church, VA
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, space, strike, and logistics and modernization to customers worldwide. With approximately 85,000 employees, Northrop Grumman generates $34 billion of annual sales in 25 countries.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a highly motivated professional to join the International Reporting team within the Corporate Controller's organization. This highly visible team is an integral part of the financial reporting structure of our growing businesses outside of the United States.
This position will work directly with and report to the corporate manager of International Reporting. This role requires coordination with multiple stakeholders, strong analytical and communication skills, and an understanding of the various international accounting and reporting standards and financial reporting requirements that impact our filings. We are looking for an individual that is proactive and can provide process improvements to maximize efficiencies in financial reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with local accounting standards.
• Assist in the project management of various foreign statutory audits for corporate entities.
• Coordinate statutory financial deliverables and manage audit requests.
• Prepare clear and concise audit support, as needed.
• Provide ad hoc financial data to key stakeholders.
• Analyze underlying accounting records used in preparing statutory financial statements.
• Conduct reviews of sector international financial statement filings.
• Participate in internal and external kick-off meetings and status meetings.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting and 6 years of relevant work experience; Master's degree or CPA may be traded for 2 years of experience. Master's degree and a CPA may be traded to a total of 3 years of experience.
• Public Accounting IF directly relevant may count for up to an additional year of experience for each year of relevant experience.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite of tools, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external groups.
• Exceptional business process, analytical skills, and attention to detail
• Recent Big 4 or recognized public accounting firm audit experience (minimum senior associate level).
• Certified Public Accountant.
• Prior experience in aerospace & defense industry.
• Knowledge of SAP accounting system of record.
• Knowledge of Workiva financial reporting system.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top