Principal Environment Engineer
- Chandler, AZ
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems specializes in the Design, Integration, Test and Launch of Space Systems for Commercial, DOD and NASA customers.
Our Space Systems Gilbert, AZ facility is currently seeking a Mid to Senior Level Test Engineer.
The candidate will work with a highly talented and motivated technician and engineering team and will support engineers in mechanical, aerospace and electrical disciplines in the planning, design and implementation and testing of complex test setups in the areas of EMI/EMC, Dynamics (Vibration and Acoustic), Thermal Vacuum, Static Load measurements and mass properties among other areas. This dynamic, rewarding position will rotate working shifts on a periodic basis. Must be able to support the first, second and third shift rotation.
- Experience working in EMI/EMC, Thermal and/or Dynamics Testing
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline and 5 years of Test Engineering experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Government Security clearance.
- Energetic person with great people skills.
- Ability to support occasional shifts and weekends.
- Preferred Bachelor degree types - Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with some Mechanical Background.
- Knowledge of general Environmental Testing in a Space or Defense manufacturing environment.
- Hands on experience in setup and running vibration equipment.
- Hands on experience with Thermal Vacuum testing and equipment.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top