Principal Enterprise Wide Application Analyst
- El Segundo, CA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman ES is seeking an experienced IT professional with a strong system support background to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting SAP Basis Administration. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA or Space Park CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence supporting one of Northrop Grumman's mission critical applications. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services 1ERP Operations SAP Basis Administration Team, supporting a varied set of systems utilizing the newest technology in Operating Systems, Utilities, and Hardware for SAP ECC and Process Integration (PI) applications.
Responsibilities include: maintaining on-going support for state of the art SAP environments (including NetWeaver) on UNIX/Linux operating systems utilizing IBM DB2 and SAP HANA.
The candidate will provide technical administration support for SAP applications on UNIX/Linux operating systems. Duties will include:
• IT problem research and resolution
• Generate recommendations for process improvement
• Oversee Project completion and interface with Business Partners regarding projects
• Provide SAP & third party interface software version updates, coordinate implementation of fixes/changes to application interfaces, and application client installations.
• Monitor and tune the SAP landscapes utilizing CCMS and Solution manager to achieve optimum performance levels.
• The candidate will be required to work on unusually complex technical problems and to provide solutions which are highly innovative.
• Install SAP software patches and/or updates as needed
• Perform proactive review of systems performance metrics and alerts to ensure event correlation and trend analysis are performed on a regular basis
• Use CCMS and Solution Manager to understand recurring incidents impacting user population, identify root cause, resolve problems, and implementing corrective actions.
• Review system logs to identify signs of potential problems
• Evaluate software or system releases to determine compatibility as requested
• Document the systems infrastructure and maintaining an accurate hardware and software inventory.
• Provide daily operational support for multiple environments
• Provide 24x7 support and rotating on-call duty as assigned
• The candidate will be capable of applying advanced NetWeaver technical principles, theories and concepts.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information System Management, Engineering, or
Computer Science and 5 years of experience or Master's degree with 3 years
of experience. Equivalent experience or education will be considered
• Experience in RedHat Linux/DB2 Environments
• Ability to provide on-call 24x7 support
• MS Windows and Office familiarity
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government Secret Security Clearance
(US Citizenship is required)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Comptia Security+ Certification
• The successful candidate will also have experience with and be able to
perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation. The
candidate will perform analysis of SAP systems for test, installation, operation,
maintenance and redeployment
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Familiarity with SAP GUI functionality
• Experience supporting SAP dual stack (Java and ABAP) and standalone Java stack systems (Java Software Deployment Manager, Visual Administrator, Configuration Tool, System Landscape Directory, and User Management Engine within a UNIX /Linux environment)
• SAP Basis work experience supporting SAP Suite On HANA
• Experience with SOX Certified Systems
• Experience in Implementing Improvements in SAP Environments
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top