Principal Engr Sys Test
Here at Northrop Grumman we developed the B-2 Bomber, Global Hawk surveillance system, James Webb Space Telescope, and dozens of other leading edge systems. Just imagine what we're working on now!
As a B-2 SYSTEM TEST ENGINEER your responsibilities will be:
Develops and publishes detailed test plans, test schedules, and test procedures for developmental testing. Provides laboratory support for integration testing. Supports and host test planning working groups. Interfaces with test article design and analysis teams to define test configuration and data requirements. Contributes to test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel. Conduct test readiness reviews, and pre/posttest briefings. Provides mission control room support and makes real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness. Conducts and contributes to pre-flight and post-test data analyses to support anomaly identification and resolution. Maintains metrics on status of testing and constraints.
This position requires outstanding written and oral communications skills. Individual will be required to serve as either a principal subject matter focal point between maintenance, design engineering, and test site team. Individual must be able to work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions; must be able to work both within a team environment and independently; must be self-motivated, thorough, and detailed; and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Integrated Analysis & Data System (IADS)
Palmdale, Ca. Travel may be require
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field and 5 years of hands on aircraft test experience or equivalent experience consisting of 9 years aircraft systems testing experience.
- Active DOD secret clearance and active B-2 Program clearance. A ble to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required.
- In depth knowledge of or flight test experience, to include control room monitoring, in one of the following disciplines: Payloads, Mission Systems, or Subsystems.
- B-2 Program Security Requirements:
- Candidate must have an active DoD Secret and a background investigation within the scope of six years. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top