Principal Enginer Systems Modeling Simulation - Adversary Model Developer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
If you enjoy strategy, thinking out of the box, and working in a team atmosphere with individuals that research, analyze, and define future capabilities for our nation, then read on. Our Aerospace Systems, System Analysis and Simulation (SAS) team, located in Redondo Beach, CA is looking for individuals that enjoy researching and analyzing adversary systems in order to develop system level models to be integrated into scenarios using simulation frameworks such as AFSIM. In this position you will work closely with operational analysts, aviators, space operators, and maritime experts in order to produce detailed scenarios that evaluate existing and future Northrop Grumman platforms against a variety of adversary systems. You could be a part of yearly "graduation exercises" where your adversary team will face off against other teams. Here you will demonstrate your prowess and knowledge of adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, as well as develop concepts on how our future systems will have to operate in order to defeat cunning future adversaries.
You will be responsible for developing and integrating air-to-air, air-to-ground, and integrated adversary defense systems from sea to space into simulation frameworks such as AFSIM. You and your teammates will also develop analysis models and simulations that represent leading future advanced concepts and technologies. The work you will be accomplishing will directly support and potentially affect military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, future fighting force levels and military utility. You will make a difference to how our nation fights.
You must have strong problem solving skills, be highly motivated to perform and grow in this position, and most of all you must possess a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field from an ABET accredited University and5+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- aMaster's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field from an ABET accredited University and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- a PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field from an ABET accredited University
- Experience developing models, methods, and simulations
- Proficiency and technical understanding of AFSIM, MATLAB, C/C++, orPython
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3 years of engineering experience in aerospace
- Masters' Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top