Principal Engineer Test
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Engineer Test .
Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
This test engineer position supports the instrumentation group is responsible for:
- Working closely with technical experts and test support staff meeting needs of the programs
- Closely coordinate with production for installation of the instrumentation system during the build of the end product
- Prepare work instructions for instrumentation installation and checkout.
- Lead technicians efforts to execute instrumentation tasks.
- Operate and troubleshoot control systems, data acquisition systems and automated test equipment.
- Develop and review test procedures.
- Maintaining flight test instrumentation system configurations and coordinate test activity
- Support planning and flight test readiness reviews;
- Provide technicians the guidance and direction required for operation, fabrication, modifications, assembly and checkout of instrumentation systems and associated equipment.
- Support test activities, anomaly resolution and process improvement initiatives. Must have strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• Experience with electrical test equipment such as bench top power supplies, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, data acquisition and control systems, and video systems.
• Familiarity with principles of operation of transducers.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong communication skills.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs .
• Secret or Top Secret preferred
• Experience working in the test lab environment; exposure to structural and environmental test.
• Experience with mechanical test instrumentation.
• Familiarity with bridge sensor and bridge circuitry.
• Familiarity with sensors including accelerometers, strain gages, thermocouples, RTDs, load cells, microphones.
• Experience with data manipulation
• Familiarity with automated test equipment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top