Principal Engineer Systems/Sr. Principal Engineer Systems
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a System Engineer with experience in formal engineering life-cycle processes to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Boulder, Colorado location to meet challenging issues confronting national security.
What You'll get to Do:
These positions will be focused on the end-to-end engineering and implementation of an enterprise data platform including its framework and a DevOps environment for the ingestion, storage, access and export of large data sets. Work will include architectural level system engineering activities, definition and management of system requirements, and verification and validation activities.
The preferred candidate should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs.
Qualified individuals must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, testing and deployment. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction and oversight.
In addition, the candidate must be a team player, work comfortably and effectively with company team members as well as program stakeholders and DoD contractor senior personnel using strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Also, the candidate will be required to support technical interchange meetings, on-site technical support, and event support.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Management of requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into specifications
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Create, review, and maintain critical system documentation
- Utilize a variety of tools to support engineering activities
- Perform detailed data analysis and trending
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all parts of a complex systems
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
You'll Bring These Qualifications: This requisition may be filled as either a level 3 or a level 4.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with at least 5 years related experience; 3 years with a Masters; 0 years with a PhD
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Active Top Secret clearance and ability to attain an SCI
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with at least 9 years systems engineering experience; 7 years with a Masters; 4 years with a PhD
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance and ability to attain an SCI
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Possession of an active current DoD TS/SCI Preferred
- Proven experience providing systems engineering on complex programs
- Leadership experience
- Work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top