Principal Engineer Systems Test, Lab Cognizant Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Engineer Systems Test - Lab Cognizant Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Specific Duties for Lab Operations Cognizant Engineer include:
- Involved in lab operations including, but not limited to, laboratory design, test planning, scheduling, and execution and reporting.
- Ensure test stations and assets are configured and ready to test by deploying software and configuring hardware on the test stations.
- Work closely with QA to maintain and validate test station software and hardware.
- Perform TRR, ATP for test stations and integration events.
- Brief management of progress and status of labs.
- Manage daily lab operations and activities to be in compliance with policies and procedures from Northrop Grumman Corporation and SIT&E.
- Familiarity with avionics systems, aircraft electrical systems, or Test Station Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 5+ years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM discipline with 3+ years of engineering experience OR PhD in STEM discipline .
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Familiar using scheduling tools, such as MS Project.
- Familiar with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Capability to read and comprehend schematic diagrams.
- Familiarity with Test Equipment, such as digital multimeters, O-scopes, power supplies etc.
- Familiarity with Electronic Principles, MIL STD protocol for 1553, 429, and 1394 busses
Back to top