Principal Engineer Systems Test
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Principal Systems Test Engineer to perform on a team of cross-discipline specialist engineers located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field plus five years of related engineering experience; Master of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field plus three years of related engineering experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Command & Data Handling (CD&H), Attitude Control (ACS), or Electrical Power Systems (EPS)?
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Active SCI Clearance
- Integration and Test experience
- Environmental test experience
- Experience in test set calibration/validation
- Experience in test script development
- Experience troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software
- Basic Programming Skills in one or more of these areas: Python, C, Matlab, Excel
- Ability to operate in a large Integration and Test environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top