Principal Engineer Systems Test
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Principal Engineer Systems Test in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
The Test Engineer will participate in all phases of the integration and test of a payload subsystem. Specific assignments will include requirements definition, development and execution of RF and digital test procedures, subsystem and test set troubleshooting, development of data analysis tools, test data review and analysis, participation in formal system testing, and anomaly resolution.
Additional responsibilities include updating/generating Test Plans, evaluating requirements, generatingelectronic procedures, generating updating Automated Test Scripts, becoming familiar withtest applications andtest requirements, performing the calibration/validation fortest racks, performing test equipment movement and setup, performing functional testing and documenting/troubleshooting test anomalies.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) related field plus five years of related engineering experience;Master of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Or Math) related field plus three years of related engineering experience.
- Knowledge of common Radio- Frequency (RF), Digital Instrumentation or Command & Data Handling Systems
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Active SCI Clearance
- Integration and Test experience
- Attitude Control System experience
- Environmental test experience
- Experience in test set calibration/validation
- Experience in test script development
- Experience troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software
- Experience with RF/DC cables
- Ability to operate RF and digital equipment both manually and remotely via software
- Basic Programming Skills in one or more of these areas: Python, C, Matlab, Excel
- Ability to operate in a large Integration and Test environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top