Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aModeling and Simulation System Performance Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will lead the development of modeling and simulation for system performance and architecture.
- Systems and Mission Engineer with Modeling and Simulation with modeling, simulation, and analysis experience
- Modeling and Simulation experience with Matlab and/or Python
- Work across multiple disciplines to define system performance and early system definition
- Coordinate with engineers and analysts to integrate information into a demonstration and generate the analysis of visualization results
- Strong analytical thinking and systems/SE approach
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 5+ years of engineering experienceOR a STEM Masters Degree with3+ years OR a PhD with 0+ years
- Demonstrated Modeling and Analysis experience in Matlab or other related modeling tools
- Experience with C, C++, Perl or Python
- Work experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML, and/or Cameo
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Applied Mathematics
- Demonstrated modeling and analysis experience working space program
- Experience with various phenomenology, able to work across multiple disciplines, experience with early system definition and MBSE is desired
- Strong communication skills required to support frequent customer interactions
- Team player/ leader with strong analytical skills
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Back to top