Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Engineering Organization within Aerospace Sector has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo CA.
Operations and Training engineer to interface with software, hardware, and system design engineers and end users to develop system operations and training products for spacecraft and ground elements:
- Looking for strong background in software testing, troubleshooting, and the process of SW review board.
- Create, test, and maintain standard operating procedures
- Create, maintain, and provide system training on a variety of system topics
- Other tasks include CONOPS implementation; operation procedures and software script development and validation using the system simulator; training material and simulation scenario development and presentation.
- Support the coordination and execution of system test tasks and other engineering events.
- Maintain proficiency in initializing and operating the system simulator.
- Investigate and diagnose unexpected system signatures.
- Provide and respond to corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Quickly adapt to changing processes and identify paths to resolve issues
- Experience with Red Hat LINUX operating systems and PERL for script writing is beneficial.
- Ability/desire to lead technical teams and deliveries independently
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)discipline from an ABET accredited institution and5+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- AMP Program Experience
- Familiarity with scripting languages (tcl/TK, Perl, Python, C++), Matlab and/or other analysis and trending tools
- Familiarity with Red Hat LINUX operating systems
- Knowledge of relevant systems/subsystems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top