Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Electrical Design Integration Engineer 3, located in Baltimore, MD. This position willsupport a concept design activity that will take place over the next two years leading to a production program within Space ISR Systems Division. Candidates will have space vehicle, spacecraft, and/or payload electrical integration responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Support electrical systems architectural development
- Electrical systems trade leadership and support
- Support electrical systems requirements development & analysis
- Generate system, subsystem, and unit-to-unit electrical block diagram generation
- Power and command & telemetry hardware resource management and allocation
- Support electrical Connectivity development for spacecraft harness design
- Design of fusing, signal integrity, and electrical interface compatibility analysis
- Applies technical expertise to the planning, design, development and testing of electrical systems.
- Identify and initiate corrective action of problems, discrepancies and deficiencies to ensure requirements (technical, schedule, & cost) are met and product quality is not compromised.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to interface with project management/IPT, Design Engineering, mission partners and program leadership.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or technical degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of engineering experience; OR Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or technical degree in STEM discipline from an accredited university with 3 years of engineering experience
- Experience in space vehicle electrical design and/or integration
- Experience in subsystem or satellite system design, development or test
- Experience working on electrical design and troubleshooting efforts
- Must havean active TS/ SCI or TS/SSBI security clearance. Clearance isrequired to start.
- Experience working proposals
- Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills, leadership skills, and organization skills
- Spacecraft and/or Payload background with experience in one or more of the following phases: concept, design, production, integration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top