Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Bedrock team at Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for you to join our team as Systems Engineer supporting Requirements and Verification, based out of Manhattan Beach, CA.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Definition of high-level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and tracking them through design, verification, integration, and operational validation
- Supporting a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrating team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
- Coordinating and collaborating with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
- Supporting multiple engineering insertions simultaneously
- Potential expansion into supporting development of the technical baseline
- Collaborating with team members to develop verification products (test procedures and reports) that ensure requirements baseline is satisfied
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR a Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 3+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR a PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Basic understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Excellent verbal, technical writing skills, and team building skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top