Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principle Systems Engineer - Cyber Security to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be responsible for System Security Engineering (e.g. Cybersecurity, Anti-Tamper (AT), Program Protection).
The selected Cyber Systems Engineer will have experience with Information Assurance or Cybersecurity implementations based on DoD, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI), and Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes, policies and guidelines.
• This position also requires knowledge and experience using systems engineering methodologies and techniques.
• Requirements development and analysis and supporting trade studies.
• System Architecture and Modeling
• Must be able to prepare technical documents, support ongoing authorization inputs, develop procedures, and work in a fast changing dynamic environment with minimal direction.
• Responsible for System Security Engineering duties as assigned.
• Interface with other cyber functional areas, internal company management and executives with a focus on effective program execution and mission assurance.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years Cybersecurity experience OR Master's degree in a STEM and 3+ years of experience OR PhD in STEM and 0 years of experience
- Experience with DoD System Security Engineering activities
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and requirements development from controls
- Active DoD Secret security clearance (investigation updated within last 6 years)
- Ability to obtain additional Special Access Program (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency)
- Experience validating security assessments and reviews
Possess a DODD 8570 certification, such as CompTIA Security+, CISSP, or similar network/security certifications
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering tools such as Rhapsody or other similar system modeling tools
- Experience developing cybersecurity architectures
Experience with structural coverage testing, static code analysis and robustness testing
- Familiarity with U.S Government Anti-Tamper (AT) processes and implementations
- Experience with NSA Type-1 certification process or Cross Domain Solution implementation and certification
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team and writing technical proposals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance to include a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top