Principal Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This role is for an EMTB testbed engineer to support the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) program. A background in Systems Engineering with emphasis on testbeds is preferred. Additional characteristics include proven ability to interface with many diverse technical disciplines, excellent communications skills with customers, peers and management.
- Provide support to Observatory I&T (testbed and flight)
- Develop and execute Observatory level tests
- Ensure requirements flowed down to EMTB are being met through tests
- Generate procedures and test reports
- Present during major reviews such as IDRs and Post Test Critique Reviews
- Ensure EMTB is compliant to department processes
- Train/Mentor interns and new hires
- Travel to Baltimore, MD is necessary in support of the Observatory Testbed (OTB)
- Coordinate with the Science Institute's On-board Scripts Subsystem (OSS) team to ensure EMTB's OSS is functional
- Coordinate with OTB users (Flight Ops and product I&T teams)
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABETaccredited university and 5+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
-Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited universitywith 3+ years of engineering experiencein an aerospace/defense environment.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Systems engineering experience with complex systems
- Excellent communications skills with both internal and external customers
- JWST program experience
- Testbeds experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top