Principal Engineer Structural
- El Segundo, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Structural Analysis Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, California and will perform structural analysis on metallic airframe structures.
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
- Coordination and clear communication with other engineering disciplines during the development of design solutions.
- Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
- Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of engineering experience, or 0+ years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in Metallic or Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Science degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large Finite Element Models using NASTRAN, FEMAP or other FEM tools.
- Experience performing structural analysis on military aircraft.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top