Principal Engineer Structural
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer. The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on bonded/composite airframe structures and will be assigned to work a 4/10 (Monday through Thursday), 2 nd Shift position.
- Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
- Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
- Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
- Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
- BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) with 3 years of experience.
- Experience in Bonded Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large Finite Element Models.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Willing and able to work Monday through Thursday evenings, Second Shift.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
- Experience working on military aircraft
Back to top