Principal Engineer Software- TS/SCI Clearance
- Chandler, AZ
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Seeking a highly creative and energetic software engineer to support the design and development of a command and control software suite for testing real-time spacecraft components and subsystems.
This position can be filled at either the Principal Engineer (level 3) or Sr Principal Engineer level (level 4).
- Gather requirements from engineering peers in other disciplines to develop software, test scripts and database updates in support of spacecraft integration activities.
- Work in a team setting as well as be able to independently and efficiently manage their time to complete assignments in a dynamic, schedule-driven environment.
- Take on tasks as requested, following through to completion regardless of roadblocks or interruption.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Design, develop, debug/test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems
- Collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Active or current TS/SCI clearance
- U.S. citizen
- 5+ years (level 3) or 9+ years Software Engineering experience which includes Gathering, Design, Development, Debug and Test
- Ability to solve technical problems independently
- Detail oriented
- Clean, documented and well-formed code
- SOA Design and Development
- PERL Scripting
- LabVIEW Software Development
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Structured Datatype: XML, JSON and Protobuf
- Relational Database
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins, SonarQube, or Bamboo experience
- SVN and Git experience (Bitbucket preferable)
- Agile experience with Jira
Back to top