Principal Engineer Software or Sr. Principal Engineer Software
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Engineer Software or Sr. Principal Engineer Software for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) environment based out of Aurora, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
- Support installation and testing of new software baselines at customer site.
- Designing and developing new software solutions for embedded users.
- Troubleshooting a real-time system and provide immediate solutions.
- Collecting, correcting and communicating discrepancies to local team and remote developers.
- Influencing and developing web tools between multiple local and international sites.
- Improving overall functionality and robustness of legacy and future systems.
- Creating and modifying formal instructions (site operation procedures and work instructions.
- Developing database solutions for large-scale trending efforts.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Engineer Software or Sr. Principal Engineer Software.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Principal Engineer Software: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. OR 9 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Sr. Principal Engineer Software: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD OR 13 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Top Secret (TS) security Clearance
- Active Sensitive compartmented information (SCI) access
- Adjudicated CI Polygraph
- Ability to communicate clearly across multiple skillsets
- Demonstrated ability prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent liaison between local personnel and overseas workforce
- Shell Scripting languages to include Perl, Python, and TCL/Tk
- Version control using git
- Experience with online organization tools, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint
- Knowledge of database strategies and schemas
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have for either a Principal Engineer Software or Sr. Principal Engineer Software:
- Web development with java/java server faces
- Experience with PostgreSQL, SQLite3, and Oracle databases
- Self-starter with the ability to dig deeply without significant guidance
- Team visionary
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top