Principal Engineer Software or Sr. Principal Engineer Software
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The SMORS Software and Digital Technologies team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal Software Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
- Working as a member of a SW team to provide engineering solutions, including emergency/urgent depot-level maintenance requests, software version releases, and SW tool enhancements.
- Participation in requirements derivation, analysis, system/software design, technical milestone review development/delivery, software implementation including static code analysis, unit-level software testing and documentation. Support to system integration, contractor developmental test and evaluation and Government force deployment evaluation.
- Fulfilling engineering and technical assistance for operational site personnel.
- Rapid software defect root cause analysis and solution development.
- Position will require up to 25% travel.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either aPrincipal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal SoftwareEngineer level.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- For a Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degreein a Science,Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)related discipline with5 years of professional experience; or a Master's degree in a STEM related discipline and3 years of professional experience.
- For a Sr. Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline with 9 years of professional experience; or a Master's degree in a STEM related discipline with 7 years of professional experience.
- Candidate must have hands-on development experience for OO/C++ applications in a UNIX/Linux platform environment.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship
- Must have a DoD Secret security clearance
- Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
- Familiarity with mission level processing of phased array radars such as signal processor, multi target trackers, and scheduling.
- Experience with SW development tools to include task tracking, software repositories, continuous integration and automation.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes to include DevOps processes, test driven development, as well as have good written and communication skills.
- Familiarity or experience with UML, or SYSML.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top