Principal Engineer Software
- Colorado Springs, CO
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position on the Sustainment and Modernization of Radars (SMORS) program.
The engineer selected to this position will:
- Have experience applying Agile principles.
- Have an understanding of Scaled Agile Framework.
- Have experience working on an Agile team.
- Provide support to the BPP DevOps Environment.
- Participate in software implementation to include static code analysis, unit-level testing and documentation.
- Perform/support rapid software defect root cause analysis and solution development.
- Position may require up to 25% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or related discipline from an accredited college.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Experience developing real-time Object-Oriented Software architectures, with C++ and/or Java, preferable to have experience with both.
- Experience with full Agile lifecycle.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have Interim DoD Secret security clearance.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Able to deliver successful results based on general objectives with minimal guidance.
- Experience with software defect root cause analysis and solution development.
- Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
- Familiarity with Phased Array Radar technology.
- Experience utilizing model based systems engineering and software design methodologies (SYSML/UML).
- Experience in the use of Atlassian tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, RedHat Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Emulation/Virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Git products.
- Experience with applied automated testing techniques including unit and integration testing.
- Strong ability to debug and trace existing baseline for system troubleshooting and impact analysis.
- Understanding of standard software development lifecycle and supporting technical stack.
- Must be able to work in a group environment.
- Ability to efficiently and independently multi-task in an extremely demanding and deadline-driven environment.
- Must have strong organization skills and an ability to prioritize assigned work in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented with good written and verbal communication skills.
Back to top