Principal Engineer Software- Edwards AFB
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a highly-motivated Technical Product Support Software Engineer 3 with extensive software, hardware, and system knowledge to own and troubleshoot software issues and train end-users. The candidate should be a self-starter and will be responsible for working within and outside of the IPT to resolve highly visibility issues. This role will be from the software directorate and report directly to the MS IPT Product Support Lead. This position will be located at Edwards AFB, CA.
- Provide expert software, hardware, and system support to on-site end-users.
- Train end-users.
- Support the IPT with software defect resolution and enhancement efforts.
- Communicate issues to IPT leadership.
- Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations on courses of action.
- Work closely with hardware and software engineers in a lab and training environment at Edwards AFB.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) with 5+ years of software, hardware, and systems experience (3+ with Masters in STEMOR 0+ with PhD in STEM).
- Security Requirements: Candidate must have Active DoD Top Secret and a background investigation within the scope of five years and be able to obtain and maintain a program specific accesses if required.
- Mission Planning experience
- Previous experience with existing system
- Program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top