Principal Engineer Software - Architecture
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Principal Engineer Software - Architecture to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA .
- Decompose system level requirements and artifacts into high level architecture
- Create software design artifacts to meet subsystem requirements, user stories, and ICDs
- Create UML diagrams
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization to present at and support design reviews
- Collaborate with IPT software scrum teams and organization to enforce design adherence in the software baseline
- Document and maintain engineering best practices
- Investigate technologies, perform trade studies and provide recommendations to IPT management
- Support requirements decomposition with SEIT organization
- Review and update story acceptance criteria and act as stakeholder for sell off of non-functional requirements
- Ensure software design and development complies with the overall technical vision of the system
- Performance monitoring and analysis
- Lead system investigations to perform root cause analysis and recommend corrections
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels including Systems Engineering, Hardware Design, Software Engineering, Integration, and Test.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of relatable software engineering experience, or Master's Degree in a STEM field with 3 years, or PhD in a STEM
- Direct experience developing Java applications
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance and the a bility to obtain program access
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web
- Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
- Experience developing enterprise solutions for a SOA environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top