Principal Engineer Software
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems has an opening for a Principal Embedded Software Engineer in Chandler, AZ.
US Citizenship is required.
Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance. Active Secret Clearance is preferred.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design, implementation, and test of embedded flight software, device drivers, and test tools through the full software life cycle for a launch vehicle product line. This position requires the ability to quickly understand the requirements, design and implementation of a large repository of existing software and hardware for a program in progress. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple engineering disciplines to understand system level requirements and implementations.
- A Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or Engineering plus 5 years of experience
- Recent Object Oriented (OO) software development experience in the C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with full software life-cycle development
- Experience with CMMI/SEI or equivalent software development process
- Experience with Linux based multi-threaded application development
A Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or Engineering plus 5 years of experience
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux development tools
- Experience with embedded Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with PowerPC based Microcontrollers
- Familiarity with DOORS Requirement Management System, Rational Synergy & Change and Rhapsody
- Experience with UML in developing design models
- Experience with space craft or launch systems subsystem software development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top