Principal Engineer Satellite Systems
Conducts mission and program specific real time spacecraft and satellite flight operations during readiness, execution and evaluation phases. Develops detailed plans and procedures to provide maximum mission support in areas such as orbit dynamics, satellite performance analysis, command and control of on-orbit satellites. Provides technical direction for on-orbit mission support, plans for critical vehicle malfunctions and recommends alternate operating techniques to continue maximum mission support. Conducts failure analysis of the performance of the orbiting satellites via telemetry data.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Planning & execution of real-time spacecraft commissioning activities for commercial, NASA and/or DoD space missions
- Hands on experience commanding satellites and/or developing real-time executable mission plans
- Thorough understanding of space system components and spacecraft subsystems
- Familiarity with Mission Operations Centers architectures and interfaces
- Detailed familiarity with space system operational documentation
- Solid Understanding of DoD and IC space systems, acquisitionand organizations
The position requires a Bachelor's Degree and five years experience.
Current Security Clearance Required.
- Development and testing of real-time executable mission operations procedures and executable scripts
- Performing data flow testing including ground stations & Mission Operations Centers
- Space system simulator and test bed operations
- Space system engineering activities such as requirements management, I&T, architecture, software development of flight/ground software
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top