Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Principal Engineer RF Microwave Design to join the Electronics and Payloads' RF and Mixed Signal Products (RFMS) Department. This position is based in Manhattan Beach, CA.
RFMS is an organization of 170 plus engineers and technicians that develops custom mixed signal ICs and MMIC components, leveraging them to develop units and subsystems for a variety of space and air programs. RF core competencies include, narrowband and wideband low noise amplifiers, high linearity mixers, power amplifiers, multipliers, passive filters/components, modulators, frequency sources, upconverters, downconverters operating at microwave, millimeter wave and sub-millimeter wave frequencies. Mixed Signal specialties include A/D, DAC and custom System on Chip applications.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following essential functions:
- RF/Microwave component, PWB or unit hardware design and analysis using computer aided design (CAD)
- Support electrical topology and implementation trades
- Tolerance and stability analysis for respective hardware designs
- Finalize electrical designs, support hardware prototyping and deliverable hardware build, test, troubleshooting and test data analysis
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and minimum 5 years of engineering experience in RF Microwave or Mixed Signal Design, OR STEM Master's degree with 3+ years of engineering experience in RF Microwave or Mixed Signal Design, OR STEMPhD. degree with 0+ years of experience
- RF/Mixed Signal component, module, PWB, and/or unit design and development experience
- Technical experience working with ADS or Microwave Office software applications
- Must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics
- Experience with electronic RF Microwave design for airborne and space applications
- Experience with Cadence, Sonnet and HFSS software applications
- Familiarity with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top