Principal Engineer Reliability (RAM Specialty Eng 19-286)
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Specialty Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The RAM Specialty Engineer will work as part of a team: planning, analyzing, estimating, RAM modeling & simulations and reporting to all levels from peers to senior decision makers on the system's RAM performance. The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Interface with system architecture design teams to provide feedback on design reliability.
- Interface with operations and support organizations to aid in optimizing logistics support resources
- Interface with senior leadership to characterize expected system performance relative to requirements.
- The performance of these tasks will identify deficiencies of, and potential improvements to, the existing C2BMC system design relative to expected capabilities and requirements.
- This individual will be cognizant of, and involved in, the resolution of all significant problems and issues associated with the Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Supportability of the system across technical, schedule, and cost boundaries on a daily basis
- Candidate will provide leadership of engineering tasks such as system performance analysis, system requirements analysis and decomposition, requirements traceability, architecture definition, and system integration
- Active Secret clearance is required
- 5 Years of experience with Bachelor's degree; 9 years' experience in lieu of a degree, 3 years of experience with a masters, and 0 years of experience with a PhD.
- E xperience in system-level hardware and software engineering processes, modeling and analysis with an emphasis on Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM), including: Reliability Block Diagrams (RBDs); Probabilistic Reliability Analysis (PRA); Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA); Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS).
- Familiarity with Industry standard RAM analysis software tools such as Raptor and or Relex.
- Familiarity with MS Office tools, including Excel and Access.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and techniques as well as familiarity with the DoD RAM guide and MIL-STDs related to RAM; Monte Carlo simulation, discrete event simulation, general simulation theory; Relational database and programming languages; Ballistic missile defense systems;
- Engineering leadership experience in various roles including problem definition, analysis approach definition, system architecture definition, risk and opportunity management, and decision analysis expertise.
- Effective with minimal supervision and support within a constantly changing baseline, understand the political landscape, and be able to communicate effectively with peers, management, and customers.
- Must be able to work effectively in a teaming environment, provide supervisory guidance to junior analysts and engineers, interface with management teams, have excellent verbal and written communications skills, and effectively present information to senior decision makers.
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense
- More than 5 years of systems engineering and reliability engineering roles in the development and integration of large scale weapons and/or sensor systems, C2/C3 systems and Battle Management Systems or equivalent.
- Supporting missile defense roles, capability and requirements based contracts is a plus
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top