Principal Engineer Reliability
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening fora PrincipalReliability Engineer3to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will beassigned work in the Global Mission Excellence & Logistics organization performing System Reliability & Maintainability (R&M) Engineering Analysis for E-2D Advance Hawkeye programs.
- Act as Project Lead on multiple R&M Effortsincluding CAM duties.
- Establish, monitor and verify subsystem R&M performance requirements for all fielded aircraft, design changes, and new development efforts to ensure that R&M program requirements are achieved
- Utilizereliability, maintainability, and availability techniques including R&M allocations and predictions, Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Built In Test (BIT) testability analysis, and mission reliability analysis
- Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards
- Support R&M testing activities to include maintainability demonstrations
- Support Reliability Growth Testing (RGT), and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs
- Compile and analyze performance reports and process control statistics; investigate and analyze relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in aElectrical Engineeringfrom an accredited university and5+ years ofreliability engineering experience OR Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering and3+ years ofreliability engineering experience
- Must have the ability to obtainand maintain DOD Secret SecurityClearance
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active DOD Secret clearance
Back to top