Principal Engineer Quality (Welding Expert)
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Supplier Quality Field Engineer 3 (Mechanical Welding) to become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Assurance organization as part of the Supplier Quality Field Operations team. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD or Woodland Hills, CA. These locations work a 9/80 schedule.
Position will travel an estimated 75%. Travel is conducted during the work week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Specification Compliance Reviews, First Article Inspections per (AS9102 or equivalent) and Source inspections.
- Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause and ensure robust corrective actions are implemented.
- Perform process and product audits along with capacity assessments to ensure the supplier's processes are robust and capable.
- Work with key suppliers to ensure they are performing well and their capacity and capability are adequate to deliver products on time
- Lead Supplier performance management by analyzing performance data, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Preventing/Minimizing business impact from supplied material defects; supplier quality risk mitigation
- Proactive reduction and prevention of supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and weekly reports.
- Be able to analyze and present data to all levels of leadership
- Provide project management guidance and support to projects and processes
- Establish positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams
- A high school diploma and relevant trade school certification and 9+ of Quality, Manufacturing or Design engineering experience, (OR a relevant Associate's degree with 7+ years of relevant experience, OR a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical discipline and 5+ years relevant experience).
- Working experience with suppliers or machine shops
- Have an active NDT Level 2 VT Certification
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS9100 requirements
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the Time
- In-depth GD&T experience
- Knowledge on Additive Manufacturing
- Experience using of basic inspection tools
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate skill to lead teams and projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications
- Knowledge of statistical process control, auditing to ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirements
- Understanding of NADCAP certified processes, including painting, plating, finishing, coating, machining, brazing, welding and castings, and NDT methods
- Ability to understand radiographs in 2-D and 3-D
- Certified on IPC-620
- Experience with measurement analysis methods.
- PMP trained or certified
- Mechanical / Machine Shop manufacturing experience
- Fundamental experience in electrical assemblies
- Possesses current DOD Secret Cle arance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top