Principal Engineer Quality
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for Principal QualityEngineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This role requires an extensive review of Metrology Calibration processes and requirements verification as well as detailed review of supplier documentation and processes to verify compliance to quality standards including ISO 9001, ISO 9100, ISO 17025 & ANSI Z540. Understanding contractual requirements as they pertain to the equipment being calibrated and/or procured is an essential function of this role. The successful candidate will perform quality assurance audits and verification on systems and equipment designed, built and procured to ensure quality parameters meet required standards and specifications. Applying quality system root cause identification techniques and methodologies is required to reduce, eliminate and/or mitigate identified risks, issues and other anomalies or errors to maintain successful operational efficiency.
- S upport the Metrology Quality Manager in developing, modifying, applying and maintaining quality evaluation and control systems or protocols for calibrating or re-certifying calibration on General Purpose Test Equipment.
- Lead the Engineering Performance Report (EPR) process
- Perform Source Surveys to approve calibration suppliers
- Support the ISO/IEC 17025 American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) accreditation
- Perform calibration reliability verification for Project Quality Assurance Withhold tags
- Represent Engineering Asset Management (EAM) for Environmental Health Safety and Medical concerns and information reporting
- Perform metrology work station audits
- Issue metrology extensions for calibration standards
- Mange and coordinate calibration labels with appropriate NG Forms Administration to ensure compliance
- Manage the Corrective & Preventative Action Tracking System (CPATS) Database for Engineering Asset Management and follow actions through to closure via coordination with the technical community
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, heavy multi-tasking, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely Metrology Quality Manager and represent engineering asset management.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineeringor Mathematics (STEM )from an accredited institution.
- 5 years with Bachelors in Science or3 years of experience with a STEM MastersDegree;0 years with aPhD.
- Experience working with ISO 9001, ISO 9100, ISO/IEC 17025, and ANSI Z540 standards as they relate to quality management and calibration laboratories.
- Experience using a calibration tracking system or other software tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Top Secret Clearanc e
- Experience facilitating Root Cause Corrective Action analysis (5-Why, Ishikawa (Fish bone), FMECA, Pareto, etc.)
- Experience related to Quality Assurance as it relates to calibrated general purpose equipment
- Experience facilitating Leadership level meetings (Process Working Groups, Risk/Issues/Opportunity tracking, Community of Practice meetings, etc)
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Knowledge and utilization of GovernmentIndustry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certificates or coursework towards certifications
- Current active DoD Secret or Top Security Clearance
- Dale Carnegie Communication certificate(s)
- Experience using with ENOVIA PLM & Crystal Reports
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top