Principal Engineer Quality
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Principal Quality Engineer to join our team in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Principal Quality Engineer defines and monitors Mission Assurance (MA) program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks.
Provides technical solutions which support Quality Management System (QMS) functions on Department of Defense (DOD) software and hardware engineering, development, test, integration, and production programs. Utilize customer and Northrop Grumman Mission Assurance policies and procedures, such as ISO 9001/AS9100, to help realize those solutions.
Ensures Mission and Quality Assurance support throughout the development, review, delivery, and maintenance cycles for program SDRL deliverables, internal plans, and risk-based process audits. Participates as MA representative in Configuration Control Board meetings to assure compliance with established Configuration Management policies and procedures. Participates in design review providing feedback on designs to engineering/manufacturing personnel. Hands-on experience developing or reviewing plans and processes associated with AS9100.
Works with the MA team and program management team to define, gather, evaluate, and effectively present process and quality metrics to assist with program efficiency, effectiveness, and continuous improvement. Ability to coordinate/collaborate with external quality teams in data gathering, problem solving, risk mitigation, and root cause corrective action.
Ex perience providing root cause analysis and presenting key metrics to Quality and Program leadership. Attention to detail coupled with the ability to quickly learn, assess, and apply new processes/procedures. Serves as the MA representative on the program Material Review Board.
Also serves as the primary liaison with customer representatives, coordinates, and supports product Sell-Off and well as responses to customer questions and requests for corrective actions.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering 5+ years of related experience in supporting (3+ Years related experience with Masters; 0+ Years related experience with PhD.)
- Solid written and verbal interpersonal, communication skills and confidence to brief senior management.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to resolve problems or issues
- Strong presentation & communication skills
- Manufacturing Experience
- Possess Active Secret Clearance, ability to attain an active advanced clearance.
- Experience working with electrical or mechanical design requirements and specifications.
Preferred Qualifications :
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Six Sigma trained/certified or knowledge of statistical analysis methods and techniques.
- Experience with AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management experience
- Excellent data analysis skills using, Mini Tab, Excel or similar
- Record of increasing responsibility and leadership supporting manufacturing, electrical, and mechanical engineering organizations
- SAP knowledge
- Understanding of Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Have experience in quality planning
- Possess Active Advanced Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top