Principal Engineer Quality
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Quality Engineer to join our team in Sunnyvale, California.
The Principal Quality Engineer develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) and 5+ years of relevant work experience, or Master's degree in a STEM discipline with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in large format manufacturing including machining, fabrication, and assembly.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Exposure to NPI
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed inspection plans.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Exposure and understanding of basic Geometric Dimensions and Tolerance
- U.S. Citizenship is required as applicants may be subject to a government security investigation.
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
- Work experience with Represented Union Personnel
- Work experience with ship building
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma, Green belt status would be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top