Principal Engineer Quality
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Mission Assurance Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
Support the development, modification and application of the Quality/Engineering Assurance (EA) principles and processes for the purpose of reducing/eliminating escapes or omissions linked to design early in the lifecycle and to ensure design integrity and robustness while maintaining efficiency. This role requires proactive coordination and collaboration with Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management, Supplier Management Teams (SMTs) and many other functions to ensure EA and quality standards are met.
This job function requires team coordination and extensive review of engineering drawing requirements such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), maintainability and producibility aspects of a design. This may include equipment inspection and test support to evaluate the precision and accuracy of products being developed internally and at suppliers. Candidate must also coordinate with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to support various design reviews and inspections of the testing processes, mechanisms, systems integration and requirements verification. Extensive review of supplier documentation to verify compliance to quality standards and contractual requirements as they pertain to the equipment being procured. Performs quality assurance verification on systems and equipment designed, built and tested to ensure design parameters and materials meet required standards and specifications.
Strong leadership and organizational skills needed to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work closely with the IPT leaders and design group. Strong Aerospace Engineering background and computer skills necessary, CAD experience required along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution preferably in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering with 4 years of experience OR a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution preferably in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering with 2 years of experience
- Must have an Active, In-scope, DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher with the last investigation occurring within the last six (6) years
- Must have the ability to obtain special program access
- Familiarization with Siemens NX CAD software and PLM/CPLM data management systems
- Experience in Engineering Integration & Manufacturing
Back to top