Principal Engineer Optical
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Engineer Optical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Electronics & Payloads Directorate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support EO/IR sensor performance analysis and develop sensor mission requirements through modeling and simulation strategies
- Support characterization of sensor hardware for sensor performance and determination of sensor hardware for meeting mission requirements
- Support activities across different phases of a sensor program including sensor requirements definition, utility analysis and trades, sensor performance prediction, risk analyses, verification and validation, calibration and anomaly resolution
- Work on sensor models capable of reproducing the effects observed by actual sensors as deployed
- Work with an innovative team that solves unique problems while using and further developing validated model
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
• Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years of EO/IR performance analysis experience; or 3 years of EO/IR performance analysis experience with a STEM Master's degree; or EO/IR performance analysis experience as part of the completion of a STEM PhD degree
• Analytical programming experience in Matlab or Python
• Degree in Physics, or Astrophysics or Chemistry
• Experience personally building EO/IR sensors or sensor instrumentation and an understanding of EO/IR sensor hardware
• Ability to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, or the ability to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top