Principal Engineer - Obsolescence -Electrical
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Obsolescence (DMSMS)Engineer3to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will beassigned work in the Global Logistics & Support organization performing the full spectrum of Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) management tasks on assigned system and sub-systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ensure Obsolescence (DMSMS) contractual requirements and program support strategy are achieved.
- Develop/maintain an obsolescence bill of material,
- Provide health screening,
- Identify issues,
- Perform obsolescence forecasting, life time buy/bridge buy quantity calculations
- Perform issue resolution development (through research and work with Engineering on the development of design solutions that align with the DMSMS roadmap) and issue management through solution implementation.
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity and work under general supervision.
- Proficient ininterfacing with all levels of employees and management Create, analyze, and produce DMSMS technology roadmaps, impact, and issue reports and present data to customers and upper management.
- Maintain close coordination with several integrated product teams,
- Provide detailed status to program leadership,
- Participate in DMSMS management technical interchange meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in a Electrical Engineering from an accredited university and5+ years ofobsolescence engineering, logistics, supply support, or obsolescence managementexperienceor equivalent OR a Master's Degree in Electrical engineering and 3+ years experience, logistics, supply support, or obsolescence managementexperienceor equivalent
- Mustbe eligible foraDOD Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited university and2 years ofObsolescence engineering experience
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 1 year related experience
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Military experience a plus
- Active, In scope DOD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top