Principal Engineer Network (VoIP)
- Catonsville, MD
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is looking for a Network Engineer - VoIP to join their team supporting a large Federal agency. The position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Provide architectural design, performance, and integration support for the VoIP systems into large enterprise network with over 1500 nationwide and international locations
•Document and forecast performance impact of planned and implemented VoIP architectural changes
•Prepare and provide network Capacity, Performance and Operational reports after the implementation of changes.
•Track change requests through planning and implementation
•Validate testing of the VoIP systems and services prior production rollout and ensure that the systems meet all VoIP and enterprise technical requirements.
•Support the acceptance of transmission facilities
•Support the acceptance of transmission facilities and upgrades
• Support network hardware/license requests to network engineering for augmentation
• Prepare and provide network Capacity, Performance and Operational reports after the implementation of changes.
• VoIP Policy document(s) defining the business requirements, system architecture and general configuration parameters.
• Configuration specification(s) defining software configuration required for VoIP equipment to implement new features, functions or equipment.
• Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) defining normal day-to-day installation, operation and troubleshooting processes for new VoIP new features, functions or equipment.
• Provide Technical, Troubleshooting, Problem resolution support for system wide problems.
• Prepare VoIP Policy defining the business requirements, system architecture and general configuration parameters.
• Prepare, review and mange Change documentation of any proposed change to the VoIP solution
• Create, review and mange Change Control Board (CCB) requests for approved changes:
• Configuration specification web pages defining VoIP software configuration required for VoIP equipment to implement new VoIP features and functions.
• Approved Software specification web pages listing software features required for successful operation of particular equipment when used in a specific role in the enterprise network
•Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience. Candidates without a degree must have at least 7 years related experience with telecommunication infrastructures such as any two or more of the following technologies: ACD, IVR, IP-IVR, call routing, voice mail, MI, call reporting, and IP telephony installations for products such as E-911
•Certification from manufacturer of equipment related to IP Telephony discipline such as Cisco Certified Networking Associate in Collaboration (CCNA: Collaboration) or Cisco Certified Networking Professional in Collaboration (CCNP: Collaboration) or Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS) or Microsoft MCSE: Productivity or CTP: Certification Partners Convergence Technologies Professional or SIP School VVoIP Professional (SSVVP).
• Must have ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) required in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance.
• Prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration or similar government agencies a plus
• Level understanding of telephony dial plan design and call routing/control protocols such as H.323, Q.SIG, E&M, ISDN PRI, FXO, FXS, PLAR, POTS, CAS, CSS, SIP, G.711/G.723/G.726/G.729, Caller ID, DID, etc.
• Experience with IP Telephony Call Processing (CCM; GW; GK; Dial Plan; Emergency Services) and Unified Messaging (Unity; Octel and other)
• In depth understanding of Quality of Service (QoS) implementation in Cisco-centric enterprise-class network is required. The level 4 specialist must be able to work with end-to-end QoS configurations on layer-2 and layer-3 devices as well as working with the WAN carriers.
• Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or modern collaboration programs
• Understanding of network technologies, work flows, IT reporting, etc.
• Must be a self-starter, position is remote from the other team members.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top