Principal Engineer Mission Assurance
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Mission Assurance Engineer / Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer. This position is for our Roy, Utah location, and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop/prepare documentation that implements the GBSD Enterprise and Program End-Item-Data-Package (EIDP) requirements, Contract-Data-Requirements-List (CDRL) requirements, & Process/Tool Development, policies, and procedures, required to support Program pre-award & Day1 Tasks as well as Enterprise infrastructure needs.
- Creating process health, progress and stability metrics
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below."
- For Principal Mission Assurance Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in Design Engineering and 5 years of Engineering experience; OR a Master's Degree and 3 years of experience; OR PhD Degree and 0 years of experience; OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
- For Sr. Principal Mission Assurance Engineer: Bachelor Degree and 9 years of Engineering experience; OR a Master's Degree and 7 years of experience; OR PhD Degree and 4 years of experience; OR 4 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance
- Understanding of Mission Assurance Principles, End-Item-Date-Package(EIDP), and Contract-Data-Requirements-List(CDRL) processes/requirements
- Experience in developing and implementing plans, procedures, and tools to satisfy End-Item-Data-Package (EIDP) requirements, Contract-Data-Requirements-List (CDRL) requirements. Etc.
- Experience in developing and implementing engineering/design assurance plans and procedures to drive design maturity early in the design phas(drawing/design/producibility review, inspection/test requirements, etc)
- Experience in Missile Systems/Sub-Systems design
- Experience with Model Based Engineering and Requirements Verification(DOORS,CAMEO, etc)
- Experience in process monitoring, data collection, analysis, and metric reporting for a large program/supplier-base
- Demonstrated ability prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent liaison between local personnel, suppliers, and customer workforce
- A current/Active Top Secret clearance
Back to top