Principal Engineer Metrology
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Metrology Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and maintain our world class capabilities in a dynamic environment. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Material, Process and Services team.
- Maintain laboratory recognition/accreditation
- Conduct technical audits of the calibration laboratory (including suppliers) to verify traceability of standards and compliance with published standards and guidelines
- Develop and lead technical audits of the calibration laboratory (including suppliers) to verify traceability of standards and compliance with published standards and guidelines
- Perform technical assessments for personnel performance reviews
- Develop, document, and maintain procedures, based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems and accuracy and precision requirements
- Develop calibration systems and procedures, based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems and accuracy and precision requirements
- Inspect and evaluate new calibration standards for proper operation before releasing to calibration laboratory
- Recommend standards for use in calibration applications, including Test Equipment Justification
- Design and document measurement reference material for laboratory use
- Research and develop calibration standards & systems
- Provide technical input to quotes
- Perform Equipment Performance Report evaluations
- Perform interval analysis
- Design, develop and validate calibration and measurement software
- Perform calibrations as required
- Assist projects in trouble shooting and root cause analysis of measurement issues or measurement system problems and advise project engineers in measurement techniques & equipment operation
- Perform state-of-the-art or special measurements
- Develop, implement and maintain the calibration laboratory's quality systems per published standards and guidelines
- Evaluate and recommend M&TE for use in measurement applications
- Evaluate supplier's products and provide feedback; work with suppliers to resolve product issues and make improvement recommendations
- Train technicians and engineers in calibration methodologies and measurement principles
- Perform uncertainty evaluation and analysis for measurement standards and associated measurement processes
- Bachelors of Science in STEM ( Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)discipline with a strong technical background in using a variety of RF microwaveand or electrical/electronic measuring and test equipment
- Bachelors in Science with 5 Years' experience ; 3 Years with Master's degree; 0 Years with PhD.
- The abilityto obtain and maintain an SCI clearance.
- Bachelors science and 7 Years' experience; 5 Years with Master's degree; 3 Years with PhD
- Must be fully technically competent in the RF measurement discipline with RF generators, synthesizers, frequency standards, calibration kits, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, RF power, attenuation, noise and/or DC Low Frequency electrical/electronic measuring and test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, low frequency generators, or digital multi-meters is preferred.
- Experience in Metrology Systems based on industry standards AS9100, ISO 17025 and ANSI Z540
- Working knowledge of calibration software; such as Surecal, Metcal, Test Management Environmentand HP Basic.
- Develops cost, schedule, resource requirements and payback analysis for proposed improvements.
- Active SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top